Posted: 11:18 am Thursday, January 30th, 2014
By Rodney Ho
VH1 already has two successful Atlanta-based reality shows: “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” and “T.I. & Tiny.”
Enter No. 3: “Atlanta Exes,” featuring the exes of famous men. This is a spinoff of the original “Hollywood Exes.” It debuts this summer.
The five are:
- Monyetta Shaw (ex-fiance of Ne-Yo) She was engaged to him but they broke up abruptly last summer before the BET Awards, according to Straight From the A. She’s dubbed an “author and businesswoman.”
- Tameka Raymond Foster (ex-wife of Usher). She’s the biggest get on the show because her husband is a huge star and they’ve had a very public custody battle over the children. The press release touts her charity foundation.
- Christina Johnson (ex of Cee Lo Green) She had a son Kingston with Green in 2000. They divorced in 2005. She is described in the press release as an “interior decorator to the stars.”
- Sheree Buchanan (ex-wife of Falcons star Ray Buchanan). She was on “The Amazing Race,” season four so she has some reality show experience. The press release says she “co-owns a dessert catering company and also has a business that specializes in creating custom bedazzled hookah pipes.”
- Torrei Hart (ex-wife of comedian Kevin Hart). She’s an actress with imdb credits thought nothing big. When I spoke with Kevin Hart in 2012 while he promoted “Think Like a Man,” he referenced his ex thusly: “We’re both adults and we’ve matured a lot,” he said. “We’re not fighting over this and that. I didn’t walk away without taking care of her.” She recently told BuzzTV that he was good in bed, too.
About the Author
I'm the media writer for the Atlanta Journal Constitution and ajc.com. I've been following radio since 2001, TV since 2005. I cover everything from the local radio and TV news scene to shows shot in Atlanta ("The Walking Dead," "Real Housewives of Atlanta") to networks based here (CNN, TBS, Up, Weather Channel) to celebrities who visit town.