Bravo was kind enough to provide me the first episode of season 7 of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” which returns Nov. 9.
I don’t think anything in the episode will be terribly shocking to anybody who followed the women during the off season.
Here is a quick teaser, without giving away the store but including links to prior stories I’ve already written on the topics in the episode:
– The show opens in early July when Apollo Nida is sentenced for bank, ID and mail fraud that landed him in federal prison for eight years. (Details here.) We find out why Phaedra Parks chose not to be with him at the sentencing hearing and where she stayed that day. He isn’t happy about her absence, understandably. And the D-word is brought up in anticipation of what actually happens.
– As previously reported, Porsha Williams has been reduced to a “recurring” cast member instead of a woman holding a peach with a full-time gig. She does appear in the first episode but only in relation to the fight she had with Kenya Moore during the reunion. (She also shows off her new breast implants.)
– Kenya traveled for several months after the reunion fight and returned in time to tape the show. It’s unclear what her storyline this season will be.
– Cynthia Bailey is no longer friends with NeNe and is spending more time with her husband Peter Thomas. They are moving Bar One to a new location.
– Kandi Burruss got married in the spring and got herself a spin-off show that aired over the summer to solid ratings. She and Todd are in a good place and are even pondering a baby.
– The two newcomers – regular Claudia Jordan and recurring cast member Demetria McKinney – have not shown up yet except in teasers.