By LIZ MINIET, guest writer, originally filed Monday, February 29, 2016
I’m a big “Gotham” fan, so my husband and I braved Friday rush-hour traffic earlier this month to see the SCAD aTVfest screening of the Feb. 29 episode, as well as a panel with some of the “villains.”
I promise not to give away too much, but here are five things to know about the return of “Gotham” on Fox:
- “Gotham” viewers have been waiting for a new episode since late November, but in the storyline, about a month has passed since the death of Mayor Galavan (James Frain). Though “Gotham” fans know what a bad guy he was, somebody will be held accountable for his death.
- We meet Mr. Freeze (aka Victor Fries, played by Nathan Darrow), who takes alternative medicine to a whole other level to try to help his dying wife. Trust me when I say this episode has at least one scene when you don’t want to be snacking.
- Remember Butch (Drew Powell), our favorite henchman? Whether he likes it or not, he has a new ally. Speaking of allies, Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith) is still staying loyal to a certain other villain.
- The Arkham Asylum has a prominent role in this episode, thanks to the Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor), and we meet Dr. Hugo Strange (BD Wong). I’m not a Batman comic book junkie, but some people in the aTVfest audience obviously were, based on their reaction to the character.
- Don’t hold your breath waiting for the latest at Wayne Manor (though Wayne Enterprises’ far reach comes up). Still, listening to Camren Bicondova, who plays Selina, at the aTVfest panel, we know that young Bruce and Selina might have some feelings to deal with in upcoming episodes.
8 p.m. Mondays (returning Feb. 29), Fox