This was originally posted Thursday, April 6, 2017 by Rodney Hoemail@example.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk
The latest reality spin-off show lands in Atlanta: “Growing Up Hip Hop.” It’s set to debut this spring.
WE-TV announced the cast today. The biggest name is Bow Wow, a child hip-hop star who is now an actor. He broke it big as a teen star in the early 2000s under the tutelage of Jermaine Dupri.
The rest of the cast:
- Shaniah Mauldin, biological daughter of Jermaine Dupri, who stars now in Lifetime’s “The Rap Game”
- Reginae Carter, daughter of rap star Lil’ Wayne and Toya Wright, who has been on multiple reality shows. Carter appearedon MTV’s “Super Sweet 16” a few years back.
- Ayana Fite daughter of The Beastie Boys mainstay, DJ Hurricane
- Brandon Barnes, son of famed hip hop manager Ms. Deb and brother of hip hop star Waka Flocka, both seen on “Love and Hip Hop Atlanta”
- Zonnique Pullins, daughter of hip hop power couple T.I. and Tiny, who have their own VH1 reality show
The original “Growing Up Hip Hop” out of Los Angeles has aired two seasons. It includes Romeo Miller, Master P‘s son; Angela Simmons, daughter of Rev. Run; Damon “Boogie” Dash, son of Roc-A-Fella media mogul Damon Dash; Kristinia DeBarge, son of James DeBarge; Egypt Criss, daughter of Sandra “Pepa’ Denton of Salt-N-Pepa; and TJ Mizell, son of late Run D.M.C. DJ Jam Master Jay.