Doug Stewart, formerly of the 2 Live Stews and currently a podcaster, is trying out this Thursday and Friday evening for Mark Zinno’s spot on 92.9/The Game.
He made the announcement on his podcast and on social media today.
I will be auditioning The Doug Stewart Show live on Atlanta Sport talk Station 92.9 The Game this Thursday and Friday from 7p-11pm. You can also listen live on the Tunein App as well. Please pass the word and show yo’ love.
He and Ryan were part of the popular 2 Live Stews duo on the now defunct 790/The Zone for 10 years until 2012.
The Game has chosen since its inception in 2012 not to hire the Stews, either as individuals or as a duo.
Stewart’s brother Ryan tried out for the mid-day slot last year that was ultimately taken by John Michaels.
11Alive weekend meteorologist and features reporter Tracy Humphrey is getting out of the broadcast TV business after two years at the NBC affiliate. She made this announcement over the weekend on social media going into teaching instead.
Hello friends… This will be my last weekend working on 11Alive. I’m moving into education. I’ll be teaching at Mt. Pisgah Christian School in Johns Creek. I’ve enjoyed meeting and talking with so many of you!!! So, this webpage will no longer be active later this week. Goodbye and take care.
She has previously worked at TV stations in Savannah, Buffalo, Syracuse, Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco and Sacramento before coming to Atlanta.
In a Messenger note, she said, she wanted to spend more time with her four-year-old daughter. She is director of media arts at the school her daughter attends. “It’s a win win!” she said. “I will definitely miss WXIA. They were very good to me and I had a great time working with some very talented people.”
Oprah Winfrey brings back “Oprah’s Master Class” for a sixth season packed with Atlanta-connected people. The season starts Saturday, June 10 at 10 p.m. with Kevin Hart, who has shot a raft of movies here including both “Ride Along” films.
Among the folks with local ties to be featured later this summer include:
- TV and radio host Steve Harvey, who still has a residence in Atlanta but no longer spends much time here given his obligations on the West Coast.
- Congressman John Lewis, the legendary Atlanta civil rights icon.
- Gladys Knight, the Georgia native whose son recently caused some stomach aches for her regarding her former restaurant.
- Shaquille O’Neal, who lives here and is an analyst for NBA on TNT.
- Tyler Perry, the media mogul
- Usher, the Atlanta-based R&B star
- Lynn Whitfield, who stars on OWN-TV’s “Greenleaf,” shot at Eagle Rock Studios in Norcross